Sunday, October 16, 2005

At this time, Google policy does not permit...

"At this time, Google policy does not permit ad text that advocates against an individual, group, or organization."



Keep up the good work, Google. I wonder what their "Don't be evil" mantra even means, it obviously doesn't mean "Don't be a liar".

For the record, I am aware that it is not censorship for Google to pick and choose the viewpoints they allow to advertise. They have no real power over whether you can or cannot advocate a point of view, they have power over their own ad network.

And we are free to point out that Google's self-righteous little "Don't be evil" slogan means jack squat, and so apparently, do their stated ad acceptance policies.

A side note, it is not lost on me that I am using a free Google service to post this, and they are free to cancel my account anytime. It doesn't change the facts, it's just slightly ironic.

No comments: