Friday, October 07, 2005

InTouch with Reality

This is just a remarkable cover of a magazine. An absolute classic. Talk about answering your own question, just look at the photos in sequence.

For starters, we have possibly the most offensive question you can direct at a woman, "Are you pregnant?" It's just not something to guess on, period. Besides which, Angelina looks great in the picture. But she must be pregnant, see the telltale bump? Any girl with a belly like that's just got have a bun in the oven.

Britney's looking nice as well, for that matter, and I'm not exactly a fan. But apparently she's 70 pounds overweight, can't you tell by the photo? I must like girls 100 pounds overweight, because I've done double-takes and rubbernecks on chubbier girls than this, and I am not alone.

OK, I guess Oprah's never been attractive to me. But I am going to claim this is a good picture of her, and does not look like what I'd consider a woman with a weight problem.

Now here's a weight problem, in my opinion-- and although it's probably just a bad photo, Julia Roberts looks older than she should, and worse than she could. "Why so thin, Julia? Why so thin, Terri Hatcher, Nicole Richie, Mary-Kate Olson, Kate Hudson, Lindsay Lohan..?"

Angelina Jolie looks pregnant! Britney has 70 pounds to lose! Oprah is gaining again! But Julia, why so thin? Who is making these women feel fat and lose so much weight?

4 comments:

Leo said...

Good point. Society and the media are simply nuts over the issue of women gaining weight or not being thin enough. I say let women alone, and stop putting so much pressure on them to look a certain, perfect way.

Anonymous said...

right on!

maria said...

Who is making these women feel fat and lose so much weight?

Mostly the designers and the media.

Marie

Morris said...

Who is making you so stupid by forcing you to read that magazine?

Mr. Morris
Ask Morris